Practical Homes Pty Ltd (“we”, “us”, “Practical Homes”, “the Policy”) (Builders License: 68957C, ABN: 48 067 273 732) will help you understand how Practical Homes manages the information that we collect, use and disclose and how you can contact us if you have any queries. The Policy applies to and is adopted by all Practical Homes employees, related entities and associated companies and contractors which are subject to the Privacy Act 1988.
Privacy of Practical Homes, Homes Clients and Contractors:
- Practical Homes collects and holds Personal Information about its clients.
- Personal Information collected by Practical Homes generally comprises of names, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, contact details and limited financial information.
- Practical Homes collects personal information whenever a client makes a query, request or review to Practical Homes in respect of a product or service provided by Practical Homes. Practical Homes collects its information with the consent of the client.
- Practical Homes collects Personal Information to enable it to:
- Provide its clients with the products and services that they request;
- Provide relevant information to contractors to assist Practical Homes to provide the products and services requested by the client;
- Comply with any Legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities;
- Maintain Practical Homes’ client relationship;
- In addition, where it is necessary to do so, Practical Homes may provide Personal Information to its solicitors.
- Practical Homes also holds information about contractors and consultants who do work for Practical Homes from time to time.
- Practical Homes may also hold information from time to time provided by those who seek an employment or contractor relationship with Practical Homes.
- Practical Homes holds this information in a secure fashion and, other than as set out above, will not usually disclose this information to anyone else without the consent of the individual.
- Individuals may request access to their personal information stored by Practical Homes. Individuals can apply for access by making written request to the Managing Director of Practical Homes. Practical Homes will retain Personal Information for a period of 7 years after a person has ceased to be a client or a contractor, after which time, Practical Homes will destroy the Personal Information.
Should an individual have a privacy complaint, Practical Homes requests that the individual contact Practical Homes to discuss the complaint. Practical Homes offers a free internal complaint resolution mechanism. An individual may lodge a privacy complaint with Practical Homes by phoning the Managing Director on 02 9606 8255
Practical Homes will conduct an investigation of the complaint, and provide a written report on the outcome of that investigation, including any recommended actions. If the individual is not satisfied with the complaint investigation conducted by Practical Homes, the individual may seek to have the complaint resolved externally.
Practical Homes is not likely to disclose Personal Information to recipients overseas.
Applicants for an employment or contractor relationship with Practical Homes agree to provide Practical Homes with all reasonable information relevant to their application, including information required for Occupational Health and Safety reasons. Practical Homes will destroy this information with a reasonable time if an employment or contractor relationship does not result.
Where Practical Homes received unsolicited Personal Information, Practical Homes will, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
For more details, ring the Managing Director of Practical Homes on 02 9606 8255.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Have any Questions?
Have any questions, we are here to help!
A member of the Practical Homes team will be in contact to assist with your enquiry.